- Founded In 1939 by Bob and Lila Heath as a one-truck one-trailer operation. Through determination, dedication to service, and a focus on driver relationships. Robert Heath Trucking has become a leading middle market Refrigerated Trucking operation servicing the central and western half of the United States.
- With deep roots in the West Texas Market and a continuing focus on California Produce we are an expert in transporting everything you will find on a grocery store shelf and are proud to provide our customers with the on time service needed to satisfy America’s appetite.
- Bob and Lila oversaw the growth of the company until Bob’s death in 1994 when their daughter Terri, with the help of her husband Jimmy, took over the company. They still run the company today side by side with Jody Heath and Dan Alford with 90 years of combined Robert Heath experience and their two sons Brent and Brooks continuing the tradition to the third generation.
- Currently Robert Heath runs 300 late model tractors, all 2018 or newer and 500 trailers.
- In 2012 we were proud to be officially recognized by the WBENC as a woman owned business.
- History of Success
1939 ,August 9th
Company was founded by Robert Heath and Lila Heath with one Mack Truck and one 38FT refrigerated Carrier Trailer
Bought and began to run second truck
First grouping of trucks that established the classic blue chassis and red frame rail combination that the Robert Heath Trademark look
Moved into the first trucking facility on 8th Street and Avenue J in Lubbock TX
Bought first Kenworth Truck
Built first custom trucking facility on Avenue C in Lubbock TX
Bought our first Thermo Refrigeration Unit
Hauled first swinging out meat out of Cargill Plainview Plant
Hired Jody Heath our current President
Jim Bandy became Robert Heath’s first Owner Operator
Direct Service division servicing the east coast was established
Bought our first Peterbilt Truck for $37,000
Reached 35 Trucks and 75 Trailers
Hired Dan Alford our current Director of Maintenance
Bought our first 45ft Trailer
Reached 50 Trucks
Terri Heath Shankle, our current owner and Daughter of Robert and Lila Heath, began working for Direct Service
Jimmy Shankle, our current CEO, began working in our shop under Dan Alford
Moved into current Lubbock Facility at 1201 E 40th St and reached 75 Trucks
Bought our first 48ft Trailer